My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Work in Progress

I actually have something of a Work In Progress this week. Of course, I don't even know what day it is supposed to go up - I think it is Friday. Well, at least this is something!

I'm working on altering a Waldorf design (boy with hands in his pocket - I can't find a link for it) to make it a little princess doll for girls. It is meant to be a first doll - no parts at all, just one piece. I'm knitting it in the round to try to eliminate some sewing work. As you can see - the doll on the left, done per the instructions, came out pretty cute. The doll on the left I made without the pattern in hand, changed to cotton yarn and needles which I now see are just too big. She is stuffed with batting and a bell for ringing. I have hopes of learning how to knit on a decorative edging at the top to look like a crown. She needs a LOT of work. The doll in the middle - knit in just under an hour - needs to be sewn up and finished, but looks pretty good. I'm going to try making the girl doll, still in cotton but with much smaller needles, and wihtout a skirt, to see if she can be improved. I've got lots of girl babies around here!

PS - my kids have lots of works in progress too - check out my other blog (about my family) to see some great claywork!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home