My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Weekend Away - Craft Room Heaven!

Whew. We made it. Our first weekend/travel trip with three kids. This weekend we drove six hours to the Okanagan Valley to attend a conference at the Naramata Centre. The kids did great, and so did the adults.

The highlight of the weekend was that we survived - newborn and all. Sage slept great throughout, both in the little cottage we stayed in as well as during her MANY hours in the front pack. And there was only minimal crying in the long hours of car riding.

But nearly equal in highlight power - the Naramata Centre craftroom! The wonderfully generous staff there opened up not only the "craft room" but also the "paper room" for the kids and I to use (there was also a fabric room, which I drooled in and then left, there was only so much time!). Imagine - a full PAPER room - literally full of paper, all organized and ready to use. I was in heaven! Here's a few photos - the first two of craft room shelves, the last of one wall of the paper room (one of three!).


It's all made me drool over what they have accomplished, and to give myself some credit for the small, tiny version of it that I have tried to cultivate. But I lack the abundance of what they have - the sense that you could craft and play and make tons of projects (kid style, of course) without worrying about running out of materials. I have come home with many new thoughts on how to organize our crafts and paper and fabric. What I need now is some ideas for how to use up all the fabric I've got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home