My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

How do they do it?

I was so thankful to read a recent blog from SouleMama, in which she dispells the myth that she can and does do it all. I read a few blogs every day (SouleMama, While She Naps, Jumilla Bugs and MommyCoddle are my favorite), but rarely have the time or content to post every week much less every day. They inspire me. With three kids (5, 3 years and 2 months), running a local Montessori school, and supporting my husbands work, I think it is usually something akin to a miracle when I can start and finish a craft. These ladies have really inspired me to stretch a bit, but more importantly, to enjoy their lives and to live my to the fullest, even if that means that there are fewer blogs than I'd like, fewer crafts completed than I'd like, and more just moments being Mom. Those are, after all, what it's all about, right?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just read soulemama's post, too, and somehow followed it to yours...i often read these blogs, and beat myself up for not being a cooler, more together, kinder, gentler, craft-completing, organized super mom. i mean, these ladies have kids and homes and husbands, too--how in God's name do they do all this and still have time to reflect upon it in their blogs and journals, give gifts, take photos, craft with their kids--see, I'm doing it again. The list seems impossible. Sorry to randomly choose you to bond with over this dilemma, but as readers and watchers of these extraordinary lives, even though it is so inspiring, it can sometimes be overwhelming. Thanks for the refocus. I have a 7 year old and a 1 year old, and, at the end of the day, I already had my turn at an awesome childhood--now its their turn. If I have spent the day loving them and enriching their lives, the day was a success. Even if I don't get to blog about it. Now I'm off to repeat that to myself 50 times until I believe it...

12:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home