My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Baptism

Today was a grand Sunday indeed. Chris and I were blessed to have all three of our children baptized this evening in a special service at our church. A dear friend, who is a Pastor (although not at our church) officiated, for the baptism of Sterling, Siena, Sage, and two other wee ones. The babies were perfect - not a peep out of them (Sage slept through the entire service). Sterling and Siena also did well. It was the second church of the day for them, and sitting still in the front row, and then being "on display" AND getting "wet" was quite a bit to handle. Pastor Mark is a friend of theirs as well, and his gentleness did much to help them through their nerves (as did being held by mommy and daddy).

It was a moving service for me. At the beginning, the congregation sang, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" - and there I was, sitting with Sage sleeping peacefully in my arms, Sterling and Siena Cate on either side of me, Chris next to them. Thinking back to more than five years ago when we wondered if we would ever have children, to sleepless nights when we've wondered why we have children, to the surprise of becoming pregnant with Sage, and now actually being a parent to three incredible children... well, Great is His Faithfulness, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home