My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Liver Update

For anyone interested, a brief update on my liver and the baby... I've now had three sets of bloodwork, all of which confirm that my liver levels are elevated by holding steady. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, the typical drop date for a scheduled induction, even in mild cases of cholestasis. I go for fetal monitoring again tomorrow, my regular midwife appointment, and I'm supposed to call the doctor's office as well (not sure what for, everything is vague on the phone, perhaps to discuss the next stage). I'm feeling better - our community here on Bowen is simple amazing. We've had people watch the kids, bring flowers and blossoming cherry tree branches, call, pray and generally care for us like the family they have become. With all that love, my anxiety level (which tends to like taking off into the stratosphere) is low and I am able to rest and just enjoy however much longer we - this baby and I - together in one body. I may even take a few belly shots for the pleasure of remembering this basketball I'm carrying around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home