My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Friday, February 24, 2006

On the needles

Someday I will figure out how to create interesting sidebars on this program... I know other e-bloggers have done it, I just don't have the fortitude to figure it out. Meantime, an update on what is on my needles right now. Actually, it is nothing! But yesterday I finished yet another baby hat, for a friend who is having a baby today (I have a blue hat all done, but suddenly realized it might be a girl - so yesterday we knit up a cotton cap that is variegated in yellow, orange and pink. I hope she has a boy, since I want to keep it myself!). And the day before I finished these from knitty - finger puppets! I only managed to do three this time - a pig, an elephant, and a striped tiger/cat. So simple, and with the right embellishments, they are pretty cute. These were a last minute panic attack for a first birthday party we are going to on Sunday - living on the island, it isn't the easiest to shop (at least not cheaply - there are several really fabulous shops for non-frugal!).

My two pre-schoolers really enjoyed the process of Atchison these come to life. I followed the pattern exactly for the cat, but then decided it was much easier to knit them in the round (less seaming) and either draw the string though to end (elephant) or bind off with the kitchner stitch (pig). That was much cleaner looking. Time spent was very short, so I think I'll end up making more of these to have in a stash for surprise gift giving! These were made literally with scraps of yarn I had, some cotton, some wool. I'm curious which kids and/or parents would like more - the cotton or wool...

4 Comments:

Blogger gabriel said...

Hey Jennifer-

Matt Cowper here (blog alias notwithstanding).

Am I to understand you're expecting a girl? Or do you just really like that hat?

3:23 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I just really like the hat - we have NO idea who is coming in 8 weeks... How did you find this?

3:37 p.m.  
Blogger gabriel said...

It must be a magnificent hat!

As for how I found you - it's one of the glories of blogger- you can search for people who are located on Bowen- I found Riaan's post on his pipe as well.

And yes, I'm a blogger as well- Et In Arcadia Ego.

I'll keep an eye on your blog-

4:35 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

sweet puppets!

3:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home