My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Like Mother, Like Daughter?


It shouldn't be such a big surprise, but I AM constantly amazed at how much my daughter can be like me. And how much she is definitely her own person (and a much bigger personality than I). But she loves so many of the things that I love to do. I've probably used up a skein of yarn, allowing her (age 3) to use a pair of dpn and poke away, "knitting" at her scraps of yarn.

But here she is, creative like me, but so different - she loves to paint. She will watercolor for hours, using copious amounts of paint and even more water. Color means everything to her - so usually every inch of the paper is vibrant with color. Here she is in one of my lesser creations - a denim apron made from some scrap denim I've been holding onto for a few years. Unlike me, she loves to pose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home