My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Extending the Table

I've been gorging myself on crafty blogs this month - so much for the new years' resolution to stay focused. Actually, I've been very focused, just not on what I had expected to be. In the process, I've been crafting a bunch. And cooking a lot. And decided to make a blog that combines the two. A week ago I set up a site just for dinner, but after making two hats last week and really wanting to post the pictures, I realized that I could do both at once...

Many years a good friend of mine shared the Mennonite book, Extending the Table, which is not simply a great basic cookbook, but a call to true hospitality and sharing of all that we have. So, in the spirit of bringing varied lives together, as my husband and I are want to do, I offer up this blog.

The food part will be obvious - you make the dinner, and an unexpected guest shows up, and you extend your table (and the goodies on it) to include everyone. As for the crafts, my husband will attest that all too often a portion of out huge table is covered in bits and parts of my crafty world. And since moving to Bowen Island, BC from Southern California, there has been many a pot of tea shared with new friends while learning how to knit/crochet/etc. at the table.

Welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home