My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Monday, January 23, 2006

A knitting frenzy

I've been suffering from a bit of a knitting frenzy. It began innocently enough a few weeks ago when I was searching, not for knitting inspiration, but for a pattern to make a Waldorf style Doll. That brought me a blogger site called SouleMama. I'd known about blogs (Chris has a great one for his experiment at the Story Collective), but hadn't thought about it being for THIS! What a revelation.

Needless to say, I didn't immediately find a link for the doll, but instead found inspiration for a whole slew of new projects, and even better, links to a ton of other crafty/knitty blogs. I have found a few on eblogger that have lots more options for display than this one seems to have, so I hope to figure it all out and get some links up myself someday.

Anyway, I've got a backlog of crafts to share. Right now I am working on a second little knitted hat - This is from Joelle Hoverson's Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. It took three weeks on the library waiting list to get ahold of a copy, but it was worth the wait. This hat took less than the four hours it might have, and looks so darling. Since I have six new babies to knit for this spring, I can't wait to get off island in two weeks and pick up some new cotton yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home