My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

About Me...

A bit about me. I'm a thirty-something mom who loves to cook and bake. BC (before children) I was an avid baker and extravagant cook, but things have toned down now with two preschoolers (one whose palate still leaves something to be desired). I am also an aspiring novelist - with one semi-completed (read: I've finished a draft, and boy, does it need some reworking!) novel about baking on the shelf. This blog in part satisfies my need to keep writing, and to focus on food for a bit. Since reality is ever present, I thought it would be a challenging exercise to simply write about our daily food - in a household of recovering vegetarians, a five year old who would eat a bagel every meal if allowed, a three year old who will eat just about everything set before her (and ask for a snack twenty minutes later), a sugar-holic, peanut-allergy, carb loving people, that ought to be entertaining. Perhaps even humbling, as there will surely need to be admissions of nights where cereal was the only option. But then, the motivation! To try new recipes, to branch out, again, into the land of multi-course meals... I am excited to see how this might all turn out! Bon Appetit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home