My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Nantasket Basket


Okay, so several months ago I received my first KnitPicks catalog, and after drooling over the many things I didn't have time to make, came up with the very practical solution of finding one pattern that looked great, and looked like a great present idea. The Nantasket Basket!

I really didn't like the colors in the advert, but I loved the petite nature of this basket. It was also a good excuse to try felting, which I had never done before. So I bought the yarn (wool of the Andes, four skeins, about $8) and the pattern, and waited and waited until I could get to the US to pick it all up!

That was a week ago. I got right to business... first, there were three terms/techniques in the pattern I didn't know, which almost scared me off. With pregnancy brain, trying difficult things is often impossible. But I navigated through the first with ease, and here we are having knit the bottom and sides!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home