My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Making Progress...

So, I had maybe left the scrapbooking world behind, now that I live on an island, have no (or, as my three year old will tell you, ZERO) friends who put pictures in albums, much less scrapbook, and live at least 75 minutes from the nearest scrapbooking store. But no. We have settled into this new home, on this remote place. I am pregnant again, with all the nesting that implicates (in my case, a great amount. More importantly, we've unpacked the last 7 years of photo albums. And the kids like to look through them. And suddenly, watching a computer slideshow of the last year doesn't seem like such a tactile or engaging process.

Yesterday I pulled out all my scrapbooking gear. Holy cow, I've got a lot of paper. And photos which sit ready to go, starting with January 2004. Chris, though largely uninterested in this process or its result, gave me the green light to let the house go to hell while I take over the dining room table and see what I can do in one week. Unfortunately, I only had 8 blank album pages left. But I managed to get January to June 2004 onto the pages, photos, paper, stickers and all. And even though scrapbooking with four small hands reaching up to touch and try everything isn't nearly the social experience that a "crop til midnight" was, I'm hooked again.

Just have to get more pages...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home