My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Lasagna in a flash

Okay, so not really lasagna, though it tasted just right. My husband loves lasagna, and though he doesn't ask for it much, I try to remember to make it during this cold weather season. But I had dealing with the dry pasta sheets, blah, blah. Whine. So, last night I cooked up a box of regular shell shaped pasta (very kid friendly, if you have a pasta lover who is afraid of sauce). In a 9x13 pan, I layered sauce (it ended up taking two full jars), half the pasta shells, all the ricotta mixture (tub of ricotta, egg, mozzarella cheese, italian spices), more sauce, rest of shells, rest of sauce, and a thin layer of mozzarella and parmesan. Cooked for only 35 minutes (another plus over regular lasagna!). Presentation on the plate isnt' as much of a wow-er, but it tasted just right, and even the kids were willing to eat it, since the shapes were right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home