My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Progress on the Basket

Okay, so the Nantasket Basket went way better than I had anticipated. I managed to get through the three techniques that were new - the pattern directions were clear and as long as I didn't read ahead or over think it, all went as planned. It didn't take long at all to make, and with great trepidation I put it in a lingerie bag and in the washer it went - super hot water, lowest cycle, with a pair of jeans as the pattern indicated.

It took two agitation cycles to get it right to where I wanted it... a bit smelly (I have a sensitive nose) from the wet wool, but just wild to see how much it shrunk and how different it looked! And it took two days to fully dry (we are in a cold house) - but it is finished! And I really like it. I plan on using this one to hold the newborn baby "toys", and making several more as gifts.

I took a lot of photos to track the progress - you can access them here on flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home