My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Friday, April 07, 2006

On to new projects

Now that I seem to be on a normal pregnancy pattern (the doctor yesterday said that unless my liver levels spike, we can continue monitoring and have a normal delivery - yippee!), I am ready to take on and finish a few things before this little nugget makes an appearance!

I have made several of Debbie Bliss's bunnies from her book, Toy Knits. I finally bought the book (after using it from the library), because I am now onto the little monkey with fez cap. There were lots of comments on Amazon that this was not a great book, but I have to disagree. There are a few things I would change, and some of her notations are unique (though I suspect that is the UK/US divide showing up), but overall, even a middling knitter like myself can make these and have great success!

So, this past two weeks of too much bed resting, I've managed to get everything but the ears knit and stuffed. Today is the day to put it all together and see if it looks even remotely as cute as hers does. Hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow!

In pulling out the wool scraps to make the monkey, I came across all the other yarn remnants I have, and found two skeins of orange yarn, leftover from making my son's sweater. I thought I'd make something for the baby with it, but can't find a pattern that fits the weight of the yarn (it's a bit bulky). I've cast on and knit two fronts, but frogged them both, since they just didn't do what I wanted. (by the way, isn't frogging - "rip it, rip it" the best phrase for ripping out all that work??). Would love ideas of what to make for the nugget - seems like he/she deserves something more than the half dozen hats I've made so far...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home