My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"A Yarn about Wool"

Siena picked out a book from the library last week, very randomly. We ended up loving it - Farmer Brown Shears His Sheep I really enjoy stories like this - funny and interesting, while at the same time teaching the kids about what happens to make something they take for granted - in this case, sheeps wool to yarn to a sweater! Another one like this is Pancakes, Pancakes. This one shows how it takes growing wheat, grinding grain, milking a cow, etc. to make a simple pancake. There must be many books like this out there - but these are the two that I know about. Now my mission is to find more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home