My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Intentional Thursday

A week has passed already, and summer is in full swing. So this week, I have intentional doing two things - finishing what I start, and using things up. Practically speaking, this means trying not to start using things up until the I've finished the projects (or work, or whatever) that is in progress. It's amazing how easily I can be distracted from finishing cleaning the house, or writing difficult letters for work, or... you know how it is.

But once I've finished whatever it is I've scheduled for that day, the fun can begin! I have been going through my craft boxes - two or three boxes of fabric, two of yarn, and coming up with projects that will use them up without making me buy anything new. This week it is using up scraps of upholstery fabric. But that would be a work in progress, so it'll wait until tomorrow. Besides, that was what I started yesterday as a prize for finishing some work that I was putting off. Today I need work on some school related things, and then, as a prize, I get to FINISH the fabric squares. It's silly, but it is good motivation for me. And it feels intentional, which is the point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

love the idea of being "intentional". heading to your part of the world tomorrow - can't wait!!!

10:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home