My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Soleil Knitting - WIP

Finally a WIP that is making progress! I stained my favorite knitted tank top last week (ugh - but with a baby, should I be surprised?), so I decided to find one to knit. one of the first to come up was Knitty's Soleil. I like the detailing on the bottom - I've never done lace before, so it was a challenge. I really liked that there was a KAL, so I could access lots of advice right away.
Here's the first few rows. I had to adjust the pattern slightly, since I was using the needles I have (size 7 instead of 6) and cotton that I like from having knit Sage a sweater last month. So far so good - I'm actually through one skein so far, and honing in on the tricky neck/arm section. I'm not usually a v-neck kind of girl, so I'll see how it goes - I may try to adjust the pattern a bit, but don't know if I'm good enough to be that creative!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home