My Photo
Name:
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States

I'm a wife, crafty mum, teacher and writer. I write to remember, I write to stay sane, I write to share what we five are up to. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Work Completed... almost

It is amazing how good it feels to actually finish a project! Well, come to think of it, I guess it isn't quite done yet. I was happy to spend my two weeks on holiday knitting the Soleil pattern from Knitty (I first mentioned it here). This past week we were treated like royalty at Barnabas Family Camp. While the kids were off playing, and the adults were sitting around and actually making and taking time to discuss adult topics, I drank deeply from both the sense of community and from the time. I knit in my free moments, and even took the time to refashion the pattern a bit. I loved the pattern that was designed, but, as I mentioned before, V necks do not flatter me. So I pulled up several other patterns which were a straight across design, and just threw caution to the wind and redesigned the top to fit my body shape. It's one of the things I love about knitting and crafting in general - that we can take a great idea and make it even greater for our personal taste and needs.
So, here it is, almost done. The lighting is terrible - I was in our bedroom while Sage slept and didn't want to mess around too much. I say it is almost completed because I didn't know how to crochet around the edges, though I suspect it will make it look much nicer. I hope to find a Bowen friend who can walk me through the process. But it is completed enough that I can (and did) wear it. What fun! I haven't done a project for me in I don't know how long. Hopefully, a completed photo in the near future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home